NAPLES – The long marathon of Pizza Bit Competition, the race that Molino Dallagiovanna has created for professional pizza makers with the collaboration as media partner of Gambero Rosso, the first multimedia publishing group on food and wine in Italy. One hundred and eighty pizza makers from all over Italy compete for the title of “Dallagiovanna Pizza Ambassador 2023”, the official face of the Mill for the pizza sector in Italy and around the world.
The competition, which focuses on the creation of the Classic Piatto Pizza, has been taking place since February in 9 Regional Contests (3 in the North, 3 in the Center and 3 in the South), in which 20 pizza makers participate per stage. . The competition will continue in June and July with the 3 semi-finals planned on the beaches of Calabria, Abruzzo and Emilia Romagna. Final on September 10 at the headquarters of Molino Dallagiovanna on the occasion of the celebrations for the company’s 190th anniversary.
A qualified jury made up of industry experts, bloggers and journalists, including Gambero Rosso representatives, judges the pizza makers in the competition. Candidates will be evaluated based on: dough recipe (basic knowledge of dough techniques, method of execution, creativity), presentation of the final dish (serving, harmony, creativity), tasting (chewyness, harmony of flavors and combinations , kitchen), professionalism of the candidate (dress and presence, communication skills, management and cleaning of the job).
The technical partner of the entire competition is Moretti Forni, a leading company in baking technologies for leavened products, which organized the Marche competition at its MorettiLAB Cooking Academy. On the occasion of the semi-finals and the final, Molino Dallagiovanna will have the collaboration of Cast Alimenti, the cooking school of which it has been a partner for many years in support of training and excellence of the professions.
For more information: https://www.dallagiovanna.it/pizza-bit-competition.
The phases of the Pizza Bit Contest
1ST PHASE – REGIONAL STAGES
In the north with stops in Piedmont, Lombardy and Veneto
– February 2 in Centallo (CN) at Universo Bianco, distributor Molino Dallagiovanna.
– February 7 in Piubega (MN) at Sanfelici Franco, Molino Dallagiovanna distributor.
– March 7 in Montegrotto Terme (PD) at Moretti Point near Rogi.
In the Center with stops in Tuscany, Lazio and Marche
– March 21 at Polo Montacchiello (PI) in Moretti Point at Chef Lab Professional.
– March 28 in Rome at the White Art School At the table with the Chef.
– April 11 in Mondolfo (PU) at the MorettiLAB Cooking Academy.
In the South in Sicily, Puglia and Campania
– May 2 in Palermo at the MAG Master Academy Antonino Galvagno School of White Art.
– May 11 in Pontecagnano Faiano (SA) at the In Cibum Higher School of Gastronomic Training.
– May 16 at Barletta (BAT) at Moretti Point near Zingrillo.
2nd STAGE – SEMIFINALS “ON THE BEACH”
– June 20 in Calabria.
– June 27 in Abruzzo.
– July 4 in Emilia Romagna.
3rd PHASE – FINAL
On September 10 at the headquarters of Molino Dallagiovanna in Gragnano Trebbense (PC) in
on the occasion of the company’s 190th anniversary.