There recipe of the chicken cacciatore it is claimed by many regions, but its parentage seems to belong to Tuscany. It is a tasty and simple second course in which the protagonist is obviously the chicken, then flavored with the classic aromas (onion, celery and carrot). Let’s see how to prepare it.
Regional dishes, Tuscan acquacotta: the recipe
These are the ingredients needed to prepare a chicken cacciatore:
- 1.3 kg of whole chicken;
- peeled tomatoes 400 g;
- 1 golden onion;
- carrots 1;
- celery 1 stalk;
- garlic 1 clove;
- red wine 100g;
- extra virgin olive oil to taste;
- rosemary 1 sprig;
- 1 sprig of chopped parsley;
- salt to taste;
- black pepper to taste
- To prepare the chicken cacciatore, start with cut off from the vegetables. After peeling the onion, peel the carrot and cut it, finally remove the celery bush and chop everything until you get 2-3 mm cubes. Then he goes on to clean the chicken. Cut it into pieces separating the thighs, the skirt and the wings. At this point you already have everything you need, go to the stove. In a saucepan, heat a drop of oil, do not overdo it because the chicken skin will release a lot of fat. Turn on the heat and let it heat up for a few moments, then add the chicken pieces, always starting with the skin side.
- Leave Brown for about ten minutes, turning it over after a while. When the chicken is well colored, add the chopped celery, carrot and onion and then the peeled clove of garlic. Then salt, pepper and rosemary, mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
- mix with the Red wine and let the alcoholic part evaporate completely. Remove rosemary and garlic clove then add chopped peeled tomatoes.
- Mix everything and cover with the lid, leave chef over moderate heat for 30-35 minutes. Remember that if the chicken were larger, it will be necessary to increase the cooking a little more, vice versa if it is smaller. In any case, the chicken is considered ready as soon as the meat falls off the bones.
- At the end of cooking, make sure it is well Salt and finally sprinkle with parsley. One last move and your chicken cacciatore is ready.
Recipe source: giallozafferano.it